When Your Kids Meet Your Ex's New GirlfriendJul 11, 2022
Today is a big day in my divorce recovery process, a day that I did not know how I would react to – today my kids are meeting my ex-husband's new girlfriend. I feel so many things and I'm trying to hold the space for each emotion. Usually I pivot out of pain pretty quickly without letting myself feel the emotions I need to feel, but today I’m trying to do something different. So I thought we could walk through this together in case you’re navigating through divorce, too on today’s episode of Let the Rest Burn.
- Being intentional about letting yourself feel the emotions you need to feel without projecting them onto your children
- The first emotion that Colleen felt after learning her children would be meeting her ex’s new girlfriend
- What to do with past baggage and experiences that may come with knowing your ex’s new partner
- Moving through the grief and anger of having to constantly adjust boundaries and relationships with your ex
- Learning to be okay with the fact we will miss out on some parts of our kids lives
- Why you must hold space to hold all of you all at once and then learn to “sit in the yuck”